Friday, May 2, 2014

Stretching my legs after the Peddars Way

Thursday, 3rd April 2014:I am now seriously behind on my posting – so I could just skip some or I could post multiple posts with minimal writing or…  The trouble is that in some ways this Blog is a bit like a diary for me. Does it matter whether it misses a few entries – no, except it seems a bit like cheating. Perhaps I will bang out a few word-lite posts and see how I feel. The good reason that I am getting a bit behind is that I am managing to get out and do 20+ miles on most days. In addition I have been able to do a few longer rides and go exploring. The trouble is that the Peddars Way ride turned into 8 Posts. Which sets me back even further.

So here is a quick post. After the long ride the day before I felt that I ought to make sure my legs got a bit of exercise, I didn’t want to risk cramp or anything. (Yes I know that it sounds like an excuse to go cycling – well it was.)

Were these the first dandelions (Taraxacum) of Spring (no).

White Fen Drove, Lodes Way

Crops a’popping up along Lodes Way

Drilling Seed – Blinkers Hill – Upware

Irrigation is needed already in the Fens

“Traffic” – Great Drove – Upware

Irrigation really is needed in the Fens

Wild plants popping up – Cow Parsley (Anthriscus sylvestris), Sticky Willy (aka Goose Grass – Galium Aparine), White Dead Nettle (Lamium album) and Red Dead Nettle (Lamium purpureim).

Wild-flowers are also pooping up in the Fens

I wasn’t the only one out for a ride – these two didn’t have to provide the motive power though.

Horse riding along Wicken Lode

White Fen Pylons (taken at the west end)

No comments:

Post a Comment