Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Quick Spin

Around 24 hours to go and I will be in the air to Hong Kong. With time running out I have just been out for a quick spin - 12Km/7.5miles. The temperature is quite pleasant, around 10C which meant I got too hot on the ride, which included a hill of around 50m. Although my GPS is not particularly accurate when measuring height. The next model up would have provided more accuracy. The give-away is on my return home I find that the GPS reports that the house is higher than when I set off!

For energy, when cycling longer distances I eat Jelly Babies as they are practically all carbs, but very easy to eat and digest whilst cycling. (That's my excuse anyway.) So I popped out to the supermarket and bought 4 large packets. If I get stopped at customs they are going to find my suitcase rather interesting from plasters and pedals to Jelly Babies.

My Vietnamese-based brother sent me an email - weather quite pleasant at 30C, but floods up North - fortunately I won't be cycling there. He also sent me some tips on buying sunglasses cheap, but I need mine at the beginning of the ride not at the end so I have missed that opportunity.

In answer to those who wonder how (but not why) I take so many pictures when out cycling along the same routes here are three taken from 24, all from the same roadside spot. In the twilight I tend to use fences and posts to stabilise the camera, otherwise the pictures become very blurry. I also take pictures from different heights depending on the fence.

This picture was taken from the top rail of the fence, I took it because I liked the shape of the trees in the foreground.

This is the same shot but taken from a low rail of the fence so that the wheat (not actually sure what it is) growing in the field is more prominent.

For this picture I re-positioned the shot so that only one of the foreground trees was in the picture and I also used a slight tint effect to give the sky a little bit more colour.

All for now as I really must go and pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment