Monday, September 29, 2008

Welcome to those who have received an email from me

When seeking sponsorship for "conventional" English charities there are convenient websites that act as a single point of contact; allow different ways of donating money, send email responses and conveniently keep track of the total sponsorship being raised. However on this trip the four charities selected by the organisation running the event (Symbiosis Travel) do not have a single convenient point of contact. So in my emails I have left it up to the recipient as to which of the four charities they might wish to support - indeed I do understand that many of you will probably be reluctant to take such an approach - sending money via the Internet can be a problem. However as the time draws closer to the start of the Cycle ride I find myself running out of time. So please forgive me for taking the easy way out.

Over the next few days I will talk about my preparations for the event.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly awesome challenge!...and there’s me thinking your cycle trips between Cambridge and Norwich were crazy!

    Just to say that “Rejoice Thailand” looks like a really worthy cause. They provide their bank details on their website so it was really easy to transfer the cash over the phone through my bank.

    My donation is of course subject to you finishing first!!!! …Tee Hee.

    The very best of luck!!!

    Carson.

    ReplyDelete